bed of roses: comfort & tranquility

7:54 PM


 Happy Sunday, everyone! Okay so I know I've been amiss but only because I failed to escape the terrible illness going around. So now that I am healthy again, I am back & feeling very inspired. As winter is slowly drifting out of our grip, I think it's most important to make use of what remains of it. This past week it's been very dreary and rainy, making inside awfully homey and comforting. Enjoy the bits and pieces from my week that I captured on my little camera. xx
I. warm, candlelit baths



The chilly weather outside plus the groggy feeling of being ill, made me crave a lovely bath like this one every night. Golden flames, Jane Austen, and building water than surges in a pleasing way on your skin-

II. rose + salts

Nobody does skincare and body luxuries like the French (although the French win in many various things, let's be honest here here). If you didn't know the rose fragrances are my favorite and also the way to my heart; the flowers themselves also happen to have a special place in my heart.

III. la musique
Alas, what is a bath without tranquility of classical music? Here are just a few of my loves..
- Romanze for Cello and Orchestra, Johann Strauss Jr.
- Nocturne No. 2 in E Flat Major, Frederic Chopin
- Le Onde, Ludovico Einaudi
- Concerto in D Minor, Johann Sebastian Bach
- Kiss the Rain, Yiruma
- The Nutcracker Op. 71 Act 2 No.14, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky 

IV. soft, enchanting beside musings


The allurement of capturing soft, exquisite moments on film is something I shall never take for granted. And nothing is better to photograph than shining beams of sun light pouring in through the window, casting endless grey shadows on the ruffled sheets of my mahogany bed..

I hope these photos inspired you to take a day for yourself and to make it the best one yet. You don't realize till you do it, how a day filled with small enchantments can bring you such immense joy. See you next time with another post. With love, Viktoria. x

You Might Also Like

0 comments